Saturday, June 18, 2011

Group Leadership Project


To create the 10 min. tutorial on how to use a wiki collaboratively in the classroom, we used many different tools. First we used google presentation to collaboratively create the slides, which was mainly Stacy and my job with input from the other two. Then Debbie used slidecast to add her voice to the slides. Debbie chose Screencast-o-matic to give her voiceover to the slides because she hadn’t had a lot of experience with it and wanted to explore something new. It also meant that she could simply upload the slides and adjust her voice to each slide as she went along. She did do a version on Audacity as well, in the event that Lisa wanted the voice and slides separate. Finally Lisa used iMovie to put the final touches on the presentation with other slides and transitions. Lisa chose iMovie because she had access to it and had the most experience with it. I definitely feel that both made a great choice after seeing the fabulous final product. To share the movie, Lisa uploaded it to YouTube, which took six hours! I had no idea it would take that long!
I think for the development of the final product I mostly learned about compromise and letting little things go. I had a vision of what I wanted the final product to look like, as I’m sure the other group members did as well, and sometimes it was hard for me to be open to some of their ideas when they didn’t match mine. But all my closed-mindedness created was a block in the production. To move things along and come up with a quality finish, I had to trust my group members to come through for me both in their ideas and in the work that they produced. I think the final product shows that we all gave and took for the betterment of the project and came up with a really great finish.
Although I really liked our final product, I would have liked to incorporate a little bit more animation or interaction with the slides if we had had more time. For example, if we had actually done a screen capture of us showing how to leave a comment on a wiki, rather than taking a screencast and circling what we wanted them to notice. I think the slides all looked very professional and were well done, but in the future I would be interested in seeing how I could take the slides to the next level with the animation. It’s actually something I really look forward to getting my hands into this summer.
Check out our amazing presentation below and please feel free to leave any thoughts, ideas or suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment